Flowerbeds are the most popular decorative elements of landscape design. The variety of flowerbeds is amazing; they differ in size, shape, location in relation to the horizon and the selection of flowers.
Types of flower beds:
- The regular flowerbed – it is a flowerbed with a strict geometric pattern, which is makes from different plants and flowers. For this kind of flowerbed it is important that the different flowers, planted in a certain way, and bloomed at the same time. On a regular flowerbed can be planted as perennial and annual plants. However, the care of this flowerbed will take a lot of time.
- The irregular flowerbed. This is one of the most popular types of flowerbeds; it is very easy to take care and makes happy hosts and their guests with flowering all the warm season. In this flowerbeds flowers planted so that flowering occurred gradually – one kind of fades, to be replaced by another comes. Another feature of this type of flowerbeds is the absence of a strict pattern. Flower arrangements in these flowerbeds often look very natural, as if their made by nature, not a human.
- A raised flowerbed -it is a container with flowers. Typically, the raised flowerbed is made in a clear geometric shape – a circle, a rectangle, a square, a polyhedron. The walls of the container for flowers are usually made of planks, bricks, concrete, natural or artificial stone, sometimes it is collected from small logs and branches. The raised flowerbed can be made in any container. For example, the old frame of the bed can be used to create a flowerbed in the style of Provence. The look of the raised flowerbed depends of the type of material from which the container for plants is constructed. The stone or brick masonry, concrete walls, a large bowl from pebbles or wooden elements – every kind of materials are creating an unique image of a flowerbed.
- The carpet flowerbed. This kind of a flowerbed looks like a living mural – low-growing plants with colored foliage arranged in a certain order, in the form of a carpet pattern.
- The traditional mono flowerbed – a flowerbed on which only one kind of plant is growing. This type of flowerbeds often planted along the borders and is a decorative ornament of garden paths. For -a traditional mono flowerbed used the brightest flowers, which can be seen from afar.